Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blogging for Books: Book Review

God Gave Us So Much
By Lisa Tawn Bergren


God Gave us So Much was so much more than I expected. God Gave us So Much is a collection of three books in one; God Gave Us the World, God Gave us Love and God Gave us Heaven.  The kids and I usually read a book a night but this one took three nights since it was so long. Which I don't mind because it sure did get my 4 year old answering questions.

God Gave us So Much is about a sweet little bear family and the Little Cub is just as curious as any little child and constantly asking questions to her mama, papa and grandpa.  As we were reading the story, my four year old was answering the questions before I could read the response of the adult bear in the story. Even though this book was long it really kept her attention

These books are definitely ones we will read again when my children are older. God gave us Heaven is very deep and I think confused my little ones more than helped them understand at this age but we will file it on the shelf and refer to it when the questions star coming later on.

All in all, this book was a good read but it is better suited for eight year olds rather than 2-5 year olds. I love the questions that little cub asks about everything from "What will heaven look like" to "



I was not compensated for my honest review but I did receive this book for free from the Blogging for Books program..

No comments: