Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson Review

Sally Clarkson is so inspirational. The Ministry of Motherhood is the first book  of her's I have read but it is not the first I have heard of her. I follow her on Facebook, Twitter and on her blog I Take Joy. So when I had the opportunity to read this book I jumped on it. I had been wanting too but hadn't had a chance. 
 
In The Ministry of Motherhood: Following Christ’s Example in Reaching the Hearts of Our Children Sally (I feel like we could be on a first name basis) walks us through a life of motherhood that's real. This book is not one of those step by step books on what to do or not to do, so if that's what you are looking for this isn't right for you. Instead it's about living and life.It's a book by a mom who has been there, and gets it!  It's about leading our children through God and our gifts as well as our children's.

 The book is broken down into 5 gifts:


Part One: The Gift of Grace
Part Two: The Gift of Inspiration
Part Three: The Gift of Faith
Part Four: The Gift of Training
Part Five: The Gift of Service


I think most moms will love this book and can relate and learn through it.What really touches is me is how she reminds us that Motherhood is a season. It's not all of us, all of our kids or our whole existence. And what I really liked! It's not another book to make moms feel guilty! It's here to help us through Christ! 

Disclaimer: The opinions are my own, I received the book to review from Blogging for Books and Multnomah Press but did not receive any compensation.