Saturday, January 22, 2011

Forgetting the Jones Challenge 2011! Day 11 and 12

Day 11 is all about becoming a "proactive Shopper."  If you need tips for keeping up with the spending freeze, check out the post here .



One of the best ways I have heard of is to create a  Grocery Price Book.  I have tried making one and it didn't work out the way I hoped....again with me wanting everything to be perfect.... but I am trying again this year with out expectations and just creating as I go so that I don't put too much on myself for making it perfect like I try to do. Seems when I try and do something if it doesn't turn out perfect I give up on it ... even when everyone else says it's awesome..


Let me know how this works out for you...and how your spending freeze is going! Ours is still going good and we are well under what we budgeted for this month!


Day 12 expands on being a proactive shopper.  On day 11 we worked on creating our price book so now we are going to go further and expand it into what and where. Work on creating a master meals list so you know how much each meal costs you to know if it's really a frugal meal or not. Also work on a pantry list, fridge list and gift and wish list so that you save in the long run.

No comments: