Saturday, January 22, 2011

Forgetting the Jones Challenge 2011! Day 13

Day 13 already! Over 1/2 way through our Forgetting the Jones's challenge. If you are just joining me and don't know about it check out Mommysavers and you will quickly learn how to worry about what you (and your family) has rather than other people and how to make it work for you!

Today's challenge is really personal to me! It's about decluttering! My house is no where near what you see on tv but I have a problem parting with some stuff. Like clothes that may or may not have fit me when I was 18 and be so cute and still fashionable that I can fit them again.....if I lose about 20 more lbs! Yes, I may or may not have those clothes in a bag in the top of my closet. Or the boxes of baby boy stuff may or may not still be in my attic waiting to see if we have another little one. Hey if God wants us to have another one at least we'll be prepared...for a boy at least.

Either way sometimes I just need to learn to know when to let go. Like Kenny Rogers said "Gotta know when to hold em and know when to fold em" True he was talking about gambling but in life it's the same way. I need to know when to fold up them clothes and pass them on to someone that can enjoy them.


So...in comes today's challenge and it's one I'm working on! We are starting with "Decluttering our frame of mind" so we can move forward! Good luck with it!

No comments: