Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blogging for Books: Book Review 2

The Dragon and The Turtle:
Just before Baby Jax's birthday we received the book The Dragon and the Turtle for review. I wrapped it up and put it in a gift bag for him to open on his birthday so he would know it was his and he was so excited to pull it out. We have read it a few times already and it's actually the one he picked to take with us to the doctor office today. That means it's a definite hit in our house since most the books he picks are either Touch and Feel ones or ones about Things that go. 
Not only is this book a new favorite of my 2 year old but it's a new fave of my totally girly 4 year old and I even liked it too. I love that it has a Bible verse at the end and discussion topics. My 4 year old was really amazed at how good of a friend that Padraig was. Speaking of Padraig he's the dragon in the book and I had no clue how to say that name but we've been saying it like "Padre." 

Padraig is looking for some crunchy, squishy, nutty bugs to snack on when he meets Roger the grumpy turtle. Roger is only grumpy because while playing pirates he got lost. Padraig and Roger become close friends during the long journey to find Roger's house. 

This book has the cutest illustrations and awesome lessons about being a friend. Definetly something I would read over and over again to my kids at different stages in their lives. This book is sure to be a hit for a long time.
You can buy this book on sale at Amazon right now for $9.59.

I was not compensated for my honest review but I did receive this book for free from the Blogging for Books program..

No comments: