Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Arla Dofino Cheeses



My kids aren't too adventurous when it comes to cheeses. They prefer Cheddar, American, and Velveeta cheese. I rotate others through the house regularly when I buy it in bulk blocks since we go through so much and I need something that is versatile. But occasionally a good fresh cheese is a nice change. Bzzagent sent me coupons to #GetItFree so I bought some Arla Dofino Gouda cheese at HEB a couple weeks back. It sat in my fridge for about a week before we decided to just slice it into wedges and serve it with some Ritz Crackers. I sliced up some Sharp Cheddar as well and the kids and my husband and I tried both of them to compare the flavors. The kids have since decided they want me to buy the Gouda more often than the Cheddar! So I would say it's a hit in our house!

I also sliced the rest of the Gouda up and rolled out a tube of crescent rolls, spread some mustard on it and layed the sliced cheese in the middle, then I rolled the edges in and baked for about 20 minutes on 350 and served it with Apple slices. It is so good! Everyone in the house enjoyed it.

No comments: