Friday, May 30, 2014

Feliz Cinco De Mayo!

Cinco de May just sounds like a fun day! Who can say that without smiling? It makes me think of tacos, burritos, nachos, queso....you get the idea :) But it also reminds us that it's as important day for Mexico as 4th of July is for us.

But back to the food idea, Cinco De May is also the day after my birthday and the day of my Brother in laws. So we usually head out to our favorite Mexican restaurant for an evening of fun and good food. 

But this year we stayed home since I had been sick and we had some authentic food at home thanks to Old El Paso Frozen Entrees. I had bought the food earlier in the week so my husband was able to cook up the fajitas and enchiladas and supervise my little one with the tortillas. 




To make it funner for the kids we mixed up some pink lemonade in a pitcher and served it in margarita glasses. They thought it was pretty awesome! And to top it off we had Tres Leches from the restaurant.
 
Old El Paso came to the rescue that night with a quick easy meal since right after that it was time to head out to sports.
I found all of these entrees at our local Kroger freezer section so you can too! Or just about any other store. we have tried the beef and chicken fajitas and enchiladas and the quesadillas and burritos are next on our list.
some_text



Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by Old El Paso® through Platefull Co-Op.

#spon #NoWayThatsFrozen